Marketing Communications Executive – Parental Leave Cover (12 month contract)
An exciting opportunity has arisen at the Chain Reaction Challenge Foundation for an experienced Marketing and Communications Executive. This appointment is a 12 month parental leave contract.
Chain Reaction is the Ultimate Corporate Bike Challenge that raises money for sick children by challenging senior executives who have a passion for cycling and an awareness of their corporate social responsibilities, to ride a designated course in consecutive days. Funds raised from events are donated to worthy children’s charities across Australia where a tangible and direct benefit can be achieved.
The Foundation operates as a team of three, full time staff based in Melbourne with a variety of volunteer and contract professional staff on hand for events. Chain Reaction Challenge Foundation is a registered Australia charity with ACNC.
About the Role
To be considered for this role, you must be an experienced marketing professional with a passion for creating and executing quality marketing campaigns across digital channels and platforms. You must have a solid understanding of the corporate sector, an ability to effectively communicate on all levels and the ability to work autonomously on marketing and communications projects within a small operations team. This is the perfect job for someone wanting experience across all aspects of marketing and communications with ownership of the projects from end to end.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Execute the Chain Reaction marketing strategy in conjunction with the CEO
- Manage, write and produce all elements of the communications plan, including newsletters, blogs, eDM’s, social media content, presentations and other collateral as needed
- Design all content and collateral across mainly digital platforms but also including print and out of home
- Manage the Chain Reaction brand and ensure its consistency across all levels
- Ownership and management of launch programs, including fundraising and awareness events
- Work closely with charity partners and corporate contacts to execute Event Media Plan
- Provide ongoing support to participants including the roll out of effective fundraising tools
- Maintenance of the Chain Reaction web site and fundraising portal
- Photography and/or videography editing is a plus but not required.
The successful candidate will have 4+ years’ experience across a variety of marketing, communications and events roles with not-for-profit experience a plus. You’ll be a self-starter with a high attention to detail and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment. A stand out applicant will have proven experience of running campaigns start to finish, have comprehensive understanding of digital marketing channels, along with sound writing skills. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop) is required and experience in PR is a plus.
- Degree qualified in marketing, communications, business or a similar discipline
- Outstanding writing skills – this role consists of a significant amount of copywriting which must always be of the highest, professional quality
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite design software (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Must have a solid understanding of social media marketing and the ability to use it to the Foundation’s advantage
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills
- Highly motivated, solutions-orientated self-starter with adaptable teamwork styles
- Ability to problem solve under pressure
- Willing and able to work the full event schedule in March/April, including interstate travel
If this sounds like your sort of role then we encourage you to apply. Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 14 November 2018.