VICTORIA | 2-8 MARCH, 2024
This premier cycling event will challenge riders to complete a 1,000 kilometre course in 7 days while using their personal and professional networks to raise significant funds for children's charities.
The spectacular and scenic Grampians, Great Ocean Road and Dandenong Ranges will provide a stunning backdrop for the 2024, 7 Day Challenge.
Riders will come away with a deeper connection to like-minded individuals and organisations. Whilst also sharing in the immense satisfaction of supporting kids in need, through tangible outcomes.
FUNDRAISING TARGET: $1,000,000
Day 1 Melbourne to Ballarat 144km
Day 2 Ballarat to Halls Gap 167km
Day 3 Grampians 137km
Day 4 Halls Gap to Warny 175km
Day 5 12 Apostles to Torquay 177km
Day 6 Torquay to Melbourne Via Arthurs 150km
Day 7 Dandenong Ranges 100km
CHAIN REACTION EXPERIENCE
Chain Reaction Challenges provide an experience like no other, however it's not just about riding your bike. This is a fully supported event with all of your needs catered for. You are able to just focus on fundraising, training and the Challenge, we will take care of the rest.
- Professional coach-led training program for even the most novice riders.
- Develop relationships and connections with other riders in the lead up to the event
- Understand the cause and the value of fundraising for our children's charity partner
- Comprehensive fundraising toolkit and support
- Premium quality training uniform
- Professional course design
- A fully supported ride including:
- On-ride lead and support vehicles
- Supported by qualified cycling coaches
- Qualified medical and mechanical support
- Post ride massages and stretching
- Quality catering provided
- Twin share accommodation (or single rooms available at an additional cost)
- Professional media crew to capture the experience
- Customised premium team cycling uniform
- Create unique personal relationships with likeminded professionals
- Achieve a personal and physical challenge
- Join a community that shares the same purpose to give back
MAJOR CHARITY PARTNERS
WHETHER YOU ARE A NOVICE OR EXPERIENCED CYCLIST, THIS EVENT IS FOR YOU!
Corporate executives and business leaders with a purpose to give back.
Whether you are a novice or experienced cyclist, our event is designed for you if you are willing to take on the Challenge. We cater for all fitness levels.
Check out our video featuring our remarkable female ambassador, Grace Brown, and some of our riders who’ve broken personal barriers and reignited their passion for cycling through the Chain Reaction Challenge.
Critical to the Chain Reaction experience is the training program. This is where a wonderful team culture is created before the Challenge and allows you to develop networks and connections with other like-minded professionals. The training program is designed to ensure you have all the skill, confidence and fitness you need to complete the 7 day challenge.
The features of our training program include:
- Run by AusCycling accredited coaches
- Structured group on bike training program
- 4 week base building training program to complete on your own prior to the start of your group training program
- Targeted coaching to ensure each rider is capable of finishing and enjoying the event
- Ongoing access to Chain Reaction training rides during the year
In 2024, Chain Reaction has developed a new training kit, which will be provided to every rider as an integral component of their training program.
HOW DO WE ACHIEVE OUR FUNDRAISING TARGET?
Our purpose is to raise funds through our Challenges. We do this from a combination of a personal upfront donation, individual fundraising and corporate team sponsorship.
By participating in the Sydney Chain Reaction Challenge each rider commits to both:
1. An upfront donation of $3,000 (When you register before October 2nd. $3,500 after this date)
Paid by each individual rider as their commitment to fundraise for the charity. This covers accommodation for the night before the challenge begins.
2. Individual fundraising minimum of $6,000
These are funds raised by the rider via personal networks, friends, family and business connections.
To help you achieve your fundraising target we provide you:
- A personal fundraising page
- Fundraising resources - toolkits, email and social banners
- Online education sessions and mentoring support
3. Corporate Team Sponsorship
The success of our events is due to our team based format that brings individuals together to train, support one another and work to secure corporate sponsorship for their team. A minimum of 6 riders is required for each team, and they should aim for a minimum team sponsorship of $75,000.
Your team will have a uniquely designed event uniform and all corporate sponsors will receive company branding on this based on their sponsorship support.
If you do not have a team to enter, don't worry as we will place you in one. Alternatively, you may wish to start your own team. Either way feel free to contact Adam Parrott on 0411 501 882 and he will guide you through the process of securing corporate sponsorship.