For insurance purposes, all riders must be financial members of Bicycle Network (or equivalent state organisations).
Please note: Bicycle Network, or an equivalent interstate organisations are the only organisations that provide relevant insurance cover for the Chain Reaction event.
Cycling Australia and Triathlon Australia membership insurance is limited to those bodies’ sanctioned events only. Chain Reaction is not an event sanctioned by either body.
All participants must read and agree to the following indemnity agreement.
1. I acknowledge that I participate in the Chain Reaction Event ('the Event’) voluntarily and at my own risk. I understand that participation in the Event or any activity associated with it, including all training activities, involves riding on public roads used by other traffic and I am aware of the hazards in that and in riding bicycles in general.
2. I further acknowledge that participating in the Event may result in a real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including but not limited to over exertion, dehydration and accidents with other participants, pedestrians, animals or road users and I will take all reasonable measures to protect myself from the risks of participation.
3. I accept responsibility for travel and medical insurance and for payment and/or reimbursement of medical/surgical expenses incurred by me. I consent to receive such medical treatment that may be deemed advisable in the event of my injury, accident and/or illness during training and the Event.
4. In my judgment I have sufficient fitness, competence and experience to participate safely in such riding and to the best of my knowledge I am not suffering from a condition that would prevent and/or render me unfit to participate in the Event. I will immediately notify the Event Organiser in writing of any change to my fitness and ability to participate. I understand and accept that the Event Management will continue to rely upon this declaration as evidence of my fitness and ability to participate.
5. I am responsible for all property I bring with me on the Event and understand that the Event Organiser and Management do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage to this property.
6. I undertake to be a financial member of Bicycle Network (or similar organisation) at all times during the training program and the Event.
7. I agree to comply with all the commitments made by me in the Rider Sign-on Form and the rules and directions of Event officials and their servants and/or agents. In particular, I undertake to comply with any direction given or sanction imposed by an Event official or the Event Management including to withdraw from the Event or from any part of it.
8. I grant the Event Organisers, Chain Reaction Challenge Foundation, its sponsors and its charity partners involved in the Event a royalty free right for use in perpetuity, to use and allow the use of my name, image and likeness in broadcasts, webcast, media press materials, promotional materials and otherwise in connection with the Event.
9. In consideration of and as a condition of acceptance of my participation into this Event I hereby agree to release Chain Reaction Challenge Foundation, Event Organising Committee, Event Organiser, Event Manager, Training Coach, Event Sponsors and each of their agents, affiliates, employees, members, volunteers and any person or body directly or indirectly associated with the Event and waive any right or entitlement I have or, but for my execution hereof, have, or which may accrue, in respect of all and any claims, demands or proceedings arising out of or in connection with my participation in the Event including (without limitation) where such claims, demands or proceedings are caused by their negligence, but excepting wilful negligence, and I indemnify them and will keep them indemnified against all liability for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or in connection with my participation in the Event. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, successors, executors, administrators, personal representatives and assigns.
Upfront Donation and Fundraising Requirements
As part of your commitment to Chain Reaction and its charity partners, we ask that riders make a non-refundable, tax-deductible upfront donation of $3,000 upon selection to the event which is to be paid as alump sum. We will require riders to submit their credit card details at time of application and will charge a nominal $2 fee to verify the credit card details. The upfront donation will not be charged until the rider is accepted into the event.
Should the event be cancelled in 2021, entrants will receive a 50% credit of the upfront donation paid to be used for the 2022 event.
We also feel that it is important that our riders understand and agree to the fundraising requirements of this event before completing their submission.
Every rider must raise a minimum of $5,000 in personal donations. Riders are also expected to use their corporate networks to sell sponsorships on the team jerseys. Please note, the corporate sponsorships are not applied to your personal fundraising accounts and are considered "team sponsorships."
Please tick the boxes below that you understand and accept the commitment to fundraising if accepted to the 2021 Chain Reaction Challenge.